Pledge to Pray for Vocations
Commit to asking Jesus for priestly and religious vocations.
“It would be good... to organize an “invisible monastery” in which many persons, day and night, are committed to continuous prayer for priestly vocations.”
~ From the Holy See’s Pastoral Guidelines for Fostering Vocations to Priestly Ministry, March 2012
Invisible Monastery is a worldwide community of people committed to praying for vocations. Our goal is to attract enough members to pray for vocations 24 hours a day in every diocese.
Members of Invisible Monastery:
- Pledge to pray daily or weekly for vocations
- Choose their type of prayer—Mass intention, rosary, private prayer, etc.
- Renew their pledge annually
- Receive a quarterly e-newsletter with prayers, resources, and ideas for promoting vocations
- May receive occasional communication from the diocesan Vocation Director with prayer requests or other information.
“Considering that the Eucharist is the greatest gift our Lord gives to his Church, we must ask for priests since the priesthood is a gift for the Church. We must pray insistently for this gift. We must ask for it on our knees.”
~Pope Saint John Paul II